Bulloch Fertilizer Company, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business located in Statesboro. In 1963, Raybon Anderson founded the business to serve local farmers. From day one his goal was "to offer quality products with customer service second to none."
In 1965, the company built the first liquid suspension fertilizer plant of its kind in Southeast Georgia and 'coined the SUR-GRO brand name. A retail store was also added, offering chemicals, seed, feed and farm supplies.
In the early 1990s we recognized the opportunity to serve the needs of the turf grass market, and we began blending and spreading fertilizer for area golf courses, sod farms and recreational facilities. In 1994 we built a state-of-the-art fertilizer blending facility to meet the needs' of this growing market. The facility, featuring a 8,400 square foot (1500 ton storage) blend plant and a 17,000 sqft bag storage warehouse, allowed us to ship custom blends in bulk or bags to our customers.
To best serve our turf grass customers' specific spreading needs, in 1996 we added to our fleet a smaller, lighter specialized truck with large flotation tires to prevent any tracking on the turf surface. The spreader is also equipped with a MidTech system to offer the most accurate application rates possible. By the end of the decade we had spread courses in, Georgia, Alabama, arid both North and South Carolina. In 2007, we added a second spreader truck to better serve our customers needs.